Our investment philosophy is derived from a desire to create long-term partnerships with our clients by maintaining a disciplined, repeatable investment process that meets our clients’ expectations. Capital preservation and risk management are key tenets of our team’s investment philosophy.
We believe that consistent application of our simple, but disciplined investment approach creates the foundation for repeatable, superior risk-adjusted returns.
· Liquid Markets: We focus on trading in liquid, transparent, exchange cleared and regulated markets, which allows for reliable and consistent market information and trade execution.
· Primary Research: Our proprietary CAT-5 TOTALVIEW approach identifies thematic market opportunities through primary research and thorough market analyses that cover several perspectives, particularly energy centric perspectives.
· Rigorous Investment Process: Based on our CAT-5 TOTALVIEW research results, our investment team applies a rigorous proprietary trade scoring to identify substantiated and actionable trade opportunities.
· Portfolio Construction: Our investment team uses an ongoing dynamic risk allocation process to manage portfolios and incorporate trades that can capture expected market opportunities. Portfolios may include diversification through a variety of appropriate structural and relative-value trades, including intra-market and inter-market spread trades, and short-term and medium-term opportunistic trades.
· Disciplined Risk Management: Risk management is central to our overall investment approach. Risk is approached from the standpoints of individual positions and the entire portfolio.
Defined risk metrics are established for each position within a portfolio, and downside risk is mitigated through disciplined money management rules, including price-to-stop and dollars-at-risk.